Andhra Pradesh government led by Y.S Jagan Mohan Reddy has announced to launch AP Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme 2021. In this AP Muft Sanitary Pad Yojana, the state govt. will provide sanitary napkins absolutely free of cost to ensure menstrual hygiene. Girls studying in 7th to 12th class in govt. schools and junior colleges would be given free sanitary pads. In this article, we will provide you about the complete details of this women welfare scheme.
AP Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme 2021
The state govt. of Andhra Pradesh will start AP Muft Sanitary Pad Yojana from 8th March 2021. All the girls studying from class 7th to 10+2 class in government schools as well as those studying in junior colleges will get free sanitary napkins. The scheme for free distribution of sanitary napkins to schoolgirls in Andhra Pradesh will be launched on the International Women’s Day.
Objectives of AP Free Sanitary Napkins Scheme
The state govt. has started this AP Free Sanitary Napkins Scheme for the following reasons:-
- Spreading awareness about menstrual hygiene
- Promotion of free of cost sanitary napkins distribution among women.
- Improvement in access and usage of high quality sanitary napkins to adolescent girls in rural areas.
- Safe disposal of sanitary pads in an environmentally friendly manner.
- With the utilization of sanitary napkins, women could be prevented from various menstrual hygiene related diseases.
Review Meeting on AP Muft Sanitary Pad Yojana
Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy held a review meeting on the supply of sanitary napkins with the School Education, Women and Child Welfare and other department officials on 5 March. CM laid emphasis on health of students and menstrual hygiene. The officials informed CM that the process of tenders for the supply of sanitary napkins will be completed by 15 April. MEPMA and SERP will enter into a Memorandum of Understanding with FMCG companies for the supply of sanitary napkins by the end of April.
When will Distribution of Muft Sanitary Pads will Start in Andhra Pradesh
The distribution of Free sanitary napkins will start on 1 July 2021. Every month, 10 free sanitary pads will be supplied to each girl. A total of 120 sanitary napkins will be provided to each girl per year. The government will spend Rs. 41.4 crore on implementation of the scheme per annum. CM Jagan also wanted the sale of sanitary napkins through kirana stores set up under the YSR Cheyutha scheme at affordable prices in rural areas. Branded sanitary napkins should be supplied at affordable prices.
Salient Features of AP Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme
The important features and highlights of this AP Muft Sanitary Pad Yojana are as follows:-
- The state govt. has announced to start AP Muft Sanitary Pad Yojana. Govt. will distribute sanitary napkins and spread hygiene message among women.
- Every month, 10 free of cost sanitary napkins would be given to each schoolgirl.
- A total of 120 sanitary napkins will be provided to each girl per year.
- The AP state government will spend Rs. 41.4 crore on implementation of Free Sanitary Napkin scheme per annum.
- As per Nation Family Health Survey report (2015-16), only 55% women (15-45 years) are using hygiene protection methods during their menstrual periods.
- In urban areas, situation is slightly better in comparison to rural areas. Around 78% of women in urban areas and 50% of women in rural areas uses sanitary napkins, locally prepared pads and tampons as hygiene methods.
- As per the Survey reports, 45% women between 15 to 24 years in the state are at higher risk of getting exposed to menstrual hygiene related diseases.
- Such women can be exposed to fungal infection, urinary tract infection, reproductive tract infection and other health diseases.
- So to prevent women from menstrual related diseases, CM Jagan Mohan Reddy has announced Muft Sanitary Pad Yojana.
Andhra Pradesh govt. has started this revolutionary scheme for the welfare of women. Jagan also directed the officials to provide quality coaching to students who want to appear for competitive exams. For provision of interactive and technology-based training, the Chief Minister wanted the officials to use laptops as students above class IX are already given the option of choosing a laptop instead of the financial assistance provided by the government under the Amma Vodi scheme.
Apart from using the already available computers in government schools, the officials can take the support of reputed coaching institutes to provide training to students, the Chief Minister said.
Andhra Pradesh Government Schemes 2021Popular Schemes in Andhra Pradesh:Andhra Pradesh Ration Card ListAP Transport Learner’s Licence (LLR) Online Application FormAP Ration Card Application Forms PDF Download
Source / Reference Link: https://www.newindianexpress.com/states/andhra-pradesh/2021/mar/06/andhra-govt-to-provide-freesanitary-napkins-to-girls-2272976.html
SAVE AS PDF