Co-Win Mobile App has been launched by the central government. People can make self registration on this Co-WIN platform to get COVID-19 vaccine. In India, 3 makers of Coronavirus vaccine namely Pfizer, Serum Institute, Bharat Biotech have applied for emergency use authorisation of their vaccine candidates. The COVID 19 vaccination drive is likely to begin shortly for which health ministry on 8 December 2020 has revealed the details of how the entire vaccination programme will be conducted.
Co-Win Mobile App
The central govt. has created a CO-WIN mobile app which is going to monitor the entire vaccination process i.e from the registration to verification. Co-Win, the new app which will be available for free download, is an upgraded version of the Electronic Vaccine Intelligence Network (eVIN). People would be able to download Co-WIN mobile app from google play store to get themselves registered for COVID-19 vaccine. The app is yet to be available for smartphone users and is expected that it will be publicly available soon.
CO-WIN Mobile App for COVID-19 Vaccine Self Registration
The important features and highlights of the CO-WIN App for Self Registration of COVID-19 vaccine are as follows:-
- This Co-WIN mobile app will be useful for all those engaged in the process – administrators, vaccinators and people who are going to receive these vaccine shots.
- The government will be vaccinating priority groups in the first two phases. All the frontline workers including all healthcare professionals would get COVID-19 vaccine in the first stage. All the emergency workers would get included in Coronavirus vaccination in the second stage. The data of these people to be covered in Phase 1 and Phase 2 are already being compiled by the state governments.
- From the third stage onward, people with co-morbidity will be given vaccines and self-registration will be introduced. This self registration to get COVID-19 vaccine will happen through the Co-WIN platform.
- Co-Win platform includes a free downloadable mobile application which can help record vaccine data. People would be able to apply online for Coronavirus vaccination through the Co-WIN mobile app.
- There are five modules in Co-WIN app: Administrator module, registration module, vaccination module, beneficiary acknowledgement module and report module. Reports said each vaccination will take at least 30 minutes and only 100 people will be administered in each session.
- The administrator module is for the administrators who will be conducting these vaccination sessions. Through this module, they can create sessions and the respective vaccinators and managers will be notified.
- Registration module is for people to get registered for vaccination. It will upload bulk data on co-morbidity provided by local authorities or by surveyors.
- Vaccination module will verify beneficiary details and update vaccination status.
- Beneficiary acknowledgement module will send SMS to beneficiaries and also generate QR (matrix barcode) based certificates after one gets vaccinated.
- Report module will prepare reports of how many vaccine sessions have been conducted, how many people have attended those, and on how many people have dropped out.
- The app will also send real-time data of the temperature of the cold-storage units to the main server.
The total number of Covid-19 cases reached 97,10,037 and the toll mounted to 1,42,103 on 8 December 2020. The total active cases of the country are 3,83,866 and comprise (3.96%) of the total cases.
COVID-19 Vaccination Drive in India
Every single India who needs to be vaccinated will be vaccinated, which roughly includes one crore healthcare workers, two crore front line workers and 27 crore of prioritized age groups. The central government will take a final call on the stages of COVID-19 Vaccination drive in India and these stages may not be sequential. Depending on the availability of the vaccines, these can go on simultaneously.
Both Serum Institute of India which is producing Oxford-Astrazeneca vaccine and Bharat Biotech, which is producing the first indigenous vaccine, have approached the regulator for emergency use licence. Pfizer India was, however, the first one to approach the Drugs Controller General of India for a licence after the United Kingdom and Bahrain gave the nod to the vaccine candidate.
Source / Reference Link: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/gadgets-news/government-announces-co-win-mobile-app-for-covid-19-vaccine-delivery/articleshow/79628910.cms
Central Government Schemes 2020केंद्र सरकारी योजना हिन्दीPopular Schemes in Central:Narendra Modi Schemes ListNREGA Job Card Listसरकारी योजनाओं की सूची हिंदी में
SAVE AS PDF