Change/Update Photo in Aadhaar Card: We know Aadhaar card is one of the most important government identity proofs as it contains both demographics as well as the biometric data of the cardholder. However, there may be situations where a person may be required to update his details in Aadhaar. There are two ways to update Aadhaar, one through the Self Service Update Portal (SSUP) and the other by visiting the Aadhaar Enrolment Centre. Read more to find out how to change the photo in Aadhar card.
UIDAI has made it simpler for people to get their Aadar card updated or corrected both online and offline. Here are mentioned brief processes of Aadhar card update or correction through which people can easily get their e Aadhaar card details updated and corrected. Follow the given steps below to update Aadhar card address, name, date of birth, mobile number and email id on the Aadhaar card online and offline by visiting the Aadhaar Enrolment/Update Centre.
Usually a person can change address, his/her name, date of birth, gender, mobile number and email id on the Aadaar card. In order to change the details of your Aadhaar card online, follow these steps to update/change/correction
Step 1. Visit the Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal and click on “Update your Address Online”
Step 2. If you have valid address proof, click on “Proceed to Update Address”
Step 3. In the new window, enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and click on “Send OTP” or “Enter a TOTP”
Step 4. An OTP will be sent to the mobile number registered in UIDAI’s database.
Step 5. Enter this OTP to login to your Aadhaar account. Alternately, you can use the TOTP feature to authenticate
Step 6. Select either the “Update Address by Address Proof” option or the “Update Address vis Secret Code” option
Step 7. Enter your residential address mentioned in the Proof of Address (PoA) and click on the “Preview”
Step 8. In case you want to modify your address, click the “Modify” option else tick the declaration and click on the “Submit” button
Step 9. Select the document type you want to submit as PoA for verification and upload the scanned copy of the address proof and click on the “Submit” button
Step 10. Your Aadhaar update request will be accepted and a 14-digit URN will be generated
You can use the Update Request Number (URN) to check the status of the Aadhaar address update. Once updated, you can download the updated version and get your Aadhar card print out.
Steps to Update Aadhaar Card by Visiting Enrolment Centre
You can get details of their Aadhar updated by visiting the Aadhaar Seva Kendra. Here is how you can do it easily:
- Fill the Aadhaar correction form
- Make sure you enter that information which is correct and not the one that is mentioned in your Aadhaar.
- Get self-attested copies of proofs validating your update request.
- Submit the form along with documents.
- You need to pay a charge of Rs. 25 for every such visit to the Enrolment Centre for update or correction.
- You can get all your details including your biometric data, image, mobile number, etc. updated at the enrolment centre.
- Aadhaar Card mobile number change or update can also be done at the enrolment centre.
- Moreover, you can also visit various banks to update your Aadhaar card. For example, Axis Bank Aadhaar update allows you to make changes in your Aadhaar Card by visiting the nearest Axis bank branch.
Update your address in Aadhaar card using mAadhaar App
Update your address in Aadhaar card using mAadhaar App, With the goal of reaching out to large numbers of smartphone users, the new mAadhaar is released by the Unique Identification Authority of India. The App features an array of Aadhaar services and a personalized section for the Aadhaar holder who can carry their Aadhaar information in form of a soft copy, instead of carrying a physical copy all the time.
What are the features/benefit of M-Aadhaar application?
- mAadhaar is more than Aadhaar card in a wallet. Using the mAadhaar App, the resident can avail the following benefits:
- Get Aadhaar by Downloading or Ordering Reprint of Aadhaar or by retrieving lost or forgotten Aadhaar
- View/Show Aadhaar in offline mode, particularly when residents are required to show their ID proof
- Update Address in Aadhaar via document or without document proof
- Keep/Manage Aadhaar of family members(up to 5 members) in one mobile
- Share Paperless eKYC or QR code to service providing agencies
- Secure Aadhaar by Locking Aadhaar or Biometrics
- Generate or Retrieve VID which user can use in the place of Aadhaar to avail Aadhaar services (for those who have locked their Aadhaar or do not wish to share their Aadhaar).
- Use Aadhaar SMS services in offline mode
- Check Request Status Dashboard: After enrolling for Aadhaar, ordering reprint or updating Adhaar data, resident can check the status of the service request in the App.
- Help others who don’t own a smartphone in availing Aadhaar services with the help of common services.
- Get Update history and Authentication records
- Book Appointment to visit Aadhaar Seva Kendra
- Aadhaar Sync feature allows resident to fetch the updated data in Aadhaar profile after successful completion of an update request.
- Time-based One-Time Password can be used instead of SMS based OTP to avail Aadhaar Online Services available on the UIDAI Website
- Locate Enrolment Centre (EC) helps user find nearest enrolment Centre
- The More section in the App includes information about the mAadhaar App, Contact, Usage guidelines, Terms & Conditions of using the app and other necessary information.
- Apart from helpful FAQs and link to Chatbot the More section also contains links to important documents from where resident can download the Aadhaar enrolment or Aadhaar update/correction forms.