Rajasthan Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme | Muft Sanitary Pad Yojana Rajasthan : Rajasthan govt. has announced to launch Menstrual Hygiene Scheme (MHS) 2021 for women. In this Muft Sanitary Pad Yojana, the state govt. will provide free of cost sanitary napkins to girls. The Rajasthan Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme would promote menstrual hygiene among girls. In this article, we will tell you about the complete details of free sanitary napkins yojna.
Rajasthan Menstrual Hygiene Scheme (MHS) for Women
Menstruation is a natural process and most of the previous governments shy on this topic. Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot has announced this Menstrual Hygiene Scheme (MHS) in Budget 2021 in February. This was the first ever paperless budget presented on 24 February 2021. Around 1.2 crore women between the age group of 15 to 45 years of age can avail the benefits of this Rajasthan Muft Sanitary Pad Yojana.
Objectives of Free Sanitary Napkins Scheme in Rajasthan
The state govt. has started this Free Sanitary Napkins Scheme in Rajasthan for the following reasons:-
- To spread awareness about hygiene and to promote sanitary napkins distribution among women.
- To increase access to and use of high quality sanitary napkins to adolescent girls in rural areas.
- To ensure safe disposal of sanitary pads in an environmentally friendly manner.
- By using sanitary napkins, women can be prevented from various menstrual hygiene related diseases.
Features of Rajasthan Muft Sanitary Pad Yojana
The important features and highlights of this Menstrual Hygiene Scheme (MHS) Scheme are as follows:-
- Approx. 1.2 crore women in the age group of 15 to 45 years can take benefits of this Health Scheme.
- The state govt. has made budgetary provision for Menstrual Hygiene Scheme (MHS). Govt. will distribute sanitary napkins and spread hygiene message among women.
- As per Nation Family Health Survey report (2015-16), only 55% women (15-45 years) are using hygiene protection methods during their menstrual periods.
- In urban areas, situation is slightly better in comparison to rural areas. Around 78% of women in urban areas and 50% of women in rural areas uses sanitary napkins, locally prepared pads and tampons as hygiene methods.
- As per the Survey reports, 45% women between 15 to 24 years in the state are at higher risk of getting exposed to menstrual hygiene related diseases.
- Such women can be exposed to fungal infection, urinary tract infection, reproductive tract infection and other health diseases.
- So to prevent women from menstrual related diseases, CM Ashok Gehlot has announced Muft Sanitary Pad Yojana.
Rajasthan govt. has started this revolutionary scheme for the welfare of women. In the first phase of scheme, DEW teams will conduct sensitization about the menstruation concern. In the next phase, govt. will distribute sanitary pads to females in schools, colleges, Anganwadi centers and health centers.
Source / Reference Link: https://www.timesnownews.com/india/article/rajasthan-budget-2021-22-ashok-gehlot-announces-universal-health-care-scheme-worth-rs-3500-crore/724367
SAVE AS PDF